Saturday, January 29, 2011

Read of the month: January


Catching up on classics continues with James Clavell's "Shogun".
If you like Japan and its history as much as I do, you'll love this book. It is a story about Japan in the early 1600s, seen through the eyes of an Englishman - John Blackthorne. Although I didn't find it a very easy read, I enjoyed it till the end. It has everything - romance, tense moments, intrigues and, of course - a good ending. And although it took me two months to read more than a thousand pages, it was absolutely worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I heard that is a good book! I got my boyfriend a few of James Clavell's books for his birthday a couple years back. He loves them! I have yet to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete

An old myth says that if you leave from a blog without sharing your opinion about a post, a little raccoon will sneak in your room tonight and it will steal your favourite pair of socks! Beware!