Sunday, December 18, 2011

Read of the Month: December


"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" is one of those books that keep you awake at night. Usually I read a chapter or two in bed and instantly fall asleep. Well, not this time.
I bought this book with a couple of Sherlock Holmes novels and an Agatha Christie book, determined to give crime and mystery novels a try. Little did i know that this was a lot more than a crime novel.
It is a story about a boy who has Aspberger's syndrome and tries to find his place among people. He decides to investigate the death of his neighbour's dog and finds himself in the middle of a lot more mysterious situations and tough choices. A wonderful story about an outsider who lives in his own world, but sometimes takes a peek at the real thing. A very sad book with a surprisingly happy ending. You won't be able to put it down before you read the last page. At least I didn't.

4 comments:

  1. anyways i just came across ur blog...n i think its amazing! i would definitely try to find this one in the store.i would love to see more of ur upcoming posts in the future...So how abt we follow each other?? XOXO
    More2mystylediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually read this book, gosh, 5 or so years ago, and I bought it based on the cover alone-which is how I choose a lot of my books-weird right?! Anyways I agree, it wasn't at all what I expected but it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I haven't read for a long time. The last was biography on Coco Chanel. Have a merry merry Chirstmas!

    Ash :o)
    ftashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok i love this book!! LOVE it, i read it couple of years ago but i still reccomend it!

    ReplyDelete

An old myth says that if you leave from a blog without sharing your opinion about a post, a little raccoon will sneak in your room tonight and it will steal your favourite pair of socks! Beware!